By personalizing your smartphone wallpaper, you can cement your smartphone’s home screen as a part of your daily life. Your handset’s home screen can be enhanced with an attractive static wallpaper background that creates a more upbeat experience. Live wallpapers, which move like GIFs as you tap and hold, make your Android or iPhone experience even more engaging. You can make your own custom live wallpaper from any video you have in just a few minutes, even if your smartphone comes with built-in live wallpapers. When you launch your phone, you would be inspired by watching that hummingbird you filmed flitting its wings.
Sound tempting? This article will explain how to create live wallpapers for iPhones and Android devices. The following steps will show you how to do this natively on your iPhone without having to install any apps. Our discussion will also cover how to do this on Android smartphones using third-party apps.
How To Create a Live Wallpaper on an iPhone?
iPhone 6S and later models allow you to make a live wallpaper natively without downloading an app. You can take Live Photos and use 3D or Haptic Touch on the iPhone 6S and later models (including the first-generation iPhone SE). The Live Photos feature allows you to pick the perfect frame for your image by editing very short video snippets. However, they can also be used as live wallpapers. You can do this in iOS 13 and iOS 14 by following these steps.
- You can change your wallpaper by going to Settings > Wallpaper
- The second step is to select a new wallpaper. On the Live Photos page, could you scroll down and tap it?
- Choosing a photo is the third step. Ensure that Live Photo: On is enabled.
- Tap Set. The lock screen can either be set, or both can be set. In this case, setting the Home Screen is not necessary since the wallpaper won’t move.
Your Live Wallpaper Is Ready
You’ll have a live wallpaper that animates on your Lock screen by tapping and holding the image. GIFs and videos can also be saved as Live Photos with several iOS apps, which can then be set as a live wallpaper. The iOS app Into Live, as well as Giphy, can convert your videos into Live Photos.
How To Create Live Wallpaper on Android?
You can use a third-party live wallpaper app to access similar functionality on Android. There are a variety of apps available on Google Play for this purpose. You can choose from Live Wallpapers HD & Backgrounds 4k/3D from Wallop, Video Live Wallpaper from Idutchsolutions, and GIF Live Wallpaper from Idutchsolutions.
Several apps even automate the process, so you can change your live wallpapers as often as you like. A new live wallpaper featuring well-known artwork is available every day with Muzei Live Wallpaper. Live wallpapers themed around forests are available through Forest Live Wallpaper. Try Video Live Wallpaper to create a live wallpaper from a video on your phone. You can do this by following these steps:
- Tap Gallery after opening the app. Choose the video you want to use as a live wallpaper
- For the live wallpaper, you can choose the settings you like. Audio can be played, but it’s probably not the best idea if you want to save battery or be discreet. The video can be looped so that it plays continuously. Keep your live wallpaper running if another app is open by selecting Play Video Screen.
- Click Set Live Wallpaper once you’ve chosen your desired settings.
That’s it. The Video Live Wallpaper app is worth checking out, even though plenty of similar apps are available. You can explore your creativity by trying a few different apps if you aren’t quite sure what you want yet.